With a homemade tzatziki sauce and crumbled feta cheese, this tasty deli chicken wrap is toasted in a panini press for a warm sandwich that be served for lunch or dinner.
15 minutes minutes
Breakfast Chicken Strips - Original Flavour
- 4 strips Zabiha Halal Breakfast Chicken Strips, cooked
- 4 slices Naturally from the Farm Oven Roasted Cooked Chicken Breast Deli
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed shredded cucumber
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch dried oregano
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas (10 inch/25 cm)
- 1 cup (250 mL) jarred roasted red peppers, well drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- Toss cucumber with salt; place in colander set over bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze out any remaining moisture.
- Stir together yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, parsley, dill, garlic and oregano; spread 2 tbsp (30 mL) tzatziki sauce down along centre of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border. Top with chicken strips, chicken slices, red peppers, feta cheese and celery.
- Fold up bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly starting from bottom.
- Preheat panini grill according to manufacturer’s instructions. In 2 batches, grill wraps for 3 to 5 minutes or until tortilla is grill-marked and filling is heated through. Cut each wrap in half; serve with remaining tzatziki sauce.
- For thicker sauce, drain yogurt first. Line sieve with cheesecloth or coffee filter set over bowl. Add yogurt; refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Add a little shredded mozzarella to wrap if desired.
- Alternatively, heat skillet set over medium-low heat; cook wraps, pressing lightly, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until is tortilla is golden brown.