This easy, grilled pizza will become a new summer favourite for the whole family.
- 4 Zabiha Halal Smokies Chicken Sausages, sliced diagonally
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup prepared salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Tex-Mex shredded cheese
- 1 jar sliced flame-roasted peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well.
- On lightly floured work surface, cut pizza dough in half. Roll out each portion into 12- x 8-inch (30 x 20 cm) rectangle; brush with olive oil.
- Grill each pizza base for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip over; grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is grill-marked. Remove from grill. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Spread salsa evenly over pizza base; top with cheese, peppers, black beans, corn, and sliced Smokies Chicken Sausages. Return to grill; close lid and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and toppings are heated through. Sprinkle with green onion before serving.
Tip: For a spicy addition, top pizzas with thinly sliced fresh or pickled jalapeño peppers.
Tip: Serve pizza with dollop of guacamole or drizzle of sour cream if desired.