This Asian-inspired chicken wrap is made with whole wheat tortillas and lots of fresh veggies, which makes a speedy lunch for the kids.
20 minutes minutes
- 16 Maple Lodge Farms Zabiha Halal Chicken Breast Nuggets
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas (10 inch/25 cm)
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded red peppers
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped fresh cashews
- Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions, brushing with teriyaki sauce in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Stir together mayonnaise, sesame oil and soy sauce; spread down along centre of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border at top and bottom. Top with lettuce, carrots, red peppers and green onions. Divide chicken and cashews evenly among tortillas.
- Fold up bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly starting from bottom. Cut each wrap in half.
- Add avocado slices if desired.
- For a spicy mayonnaise, add sriracha hot sauce.