Wow your guests with these crowd-pleasing individual Chicken Wellingtons. Made with store-bought puff pastry and prepared cranberry sauce, they are quick and easy to make and assemble.
- 2 Zabiha Halal Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces (125 grams) brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 6 frozen pre-rolled puff pastry sheets, thawed (each about 10 inches)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Using sharp knife, slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise; season with sage, poultry seasoning and half of the salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium heat; sear chicken, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to plate; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). In bowl, beat together cream cheese, Dijon mustard, chives, garlic and remaining each salt and pepper. In separate bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, mustard and maple syrup.
- Place puff pastry on lightly floured work surface. Cut each sheet into two 7- x 5-inch (18 x 13 cm) rectangles to make a total of 12 rectangles.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over four pastry rectangles, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border; spread cranberry mixture over cream cheese mixture. Place chicken breast on top. Cap each breast with two pastry rectangles to create thicker crust on top. Press together edges to seal; roll and crimp border. Cut vent holes in top pastry.
- Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing at least 4 inches (10 cm) apart. Brush egg lightly over pastry; bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Tip: Reserve scraps of pastry to roll around pieces of Zabiha Halal Smokies Chicken Sausages to make sausage rolls.