This recipe gives you the bold tastes of traditional butter chicken in a version that’s perfect for lunch on the go.
- 4 Zabiha Halal Fresh or Frozen Chicken Breasts, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups prepared butter chicken sauce
- 8 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- YOGURT-MINT DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat chicken dry. Stir together garam masala, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt. Rub all over chicken. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Bake chicken for 35 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let cool slightly. Remove skin if desired. Shred meat using two forks. (Make-ahead: Can be prepared, cooled and refrigerated in airtight container for up to 1 day.)
- Heat butter chicken sauce in saucepan; stir in shredded chicken. Divide chicken mixture among 4 tortillas. Top with cheese and second tortilla.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet set over medium heat. Fry quesadillas for 2 minutes per side or until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Yogurt-Mint Dipping Sauce:
Stir together yogurt, mint, lime juice, salt and cumin. Serve with tortillas.
Tip: Substitute cilantro or parsley for mint if desired.
Tip: Add 1 clove of minced garlic to dipping sauce if desired.
Tip: If you like, add fresh tomato slices or thinly sliced pickled jalapeño peppers to quesadillas.